Saturday, July 31, 2010

94 days to go

99 things about Lewis... #6
One of my blogger friends Posted today about "canning season" beginning. It got me started thinking about canning memories. My mom could can just about anything. I have wonderful memories of helping her do strawberry jam, peaches, pears, cherries, relishes, pickles, grape jelly, etc. What a wonderful talent she had and never knew it! I love canning, though my list is much shorter than hers. I always had my girls help me with canning, secretly thinking maybe they will carry on the humble legacy of canning.

4 comments:

BerlyCrow said...

Pickles! I really need to talk my Mom into doing pickles this year. So if your canning list is shorter, what do you can? My Mom cans raspberry jam and it's the only jam I'll eat. Period.

LuAnn said...

I am pretty good at salsa, peaches, strawberry jam, raspberry jam, peach jam, apricot jam and tomatoes. I would love to try grape juice this year. We have tons of grapes this season.

Kristy said...

My mom can do grape juice. Ask her how. I keep telling people that I don't love to can, but I love to be done. I'm thinking I may be wrong. I'm really glad that it is a skill I have learned. I think being able to it had been a blessing in our lives. And I need a good salsa recipe. I've never done it before.

BerlyCrow said...

Oooh! Salsa! I'll have to tell my Mom to try that!