Wednesday, May 26, 2010

160 days to go

I have never been rich but, I have always had enough. As a kid we may have been poor, I'm not sure if we were though. We didn't ever want for much. My mom and dad did a good job of making sure we were always taken care of. As an adult , Miguel and I decided it was important for me to be able to stay at home with our girls. This meant we lived on one income, so I clipped coupons and shopped for bargains. We only had one car and didn't go out much. The result, I got to spend my days with the two cutest babies to come out of the 80's. I had to be very creative in finding fun and cheep ways to entertain and teach them. We did things like going on bus adventures, we had picnic at the park wednesdays. We would go downtown and explore Temple Square and the old shops around North Temple. We were not rich but we weren't board either.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for being such a great example of how to make so much fun out of so little. I use, and will use, what I have learned with my own children.

Karey L F said...

Being rich is all in the way you look at it. I think it sounds as if you were very rich! How lucky your girls are to have you as their mom.

Dee & Danna Mabey said...

I remember thinking you were the best mother I had ever met....what a blessed family you have.