One day when I was a little girl I was sad about something. I can remember my mom taking me in her room a lying on her flowered bed, with me. She held me close and sang some old fashioned songs to me as I cried. Two Little Boys in Blue and A Letter Edged in Black are the ones I can still remember. My mom had a special calming ability. She had a difficult life and I know she could have been much more bitter about it than she was. Sometimes when I am sad I just wish I could lie next to her and hear her sing to me.
4 comments:
That is really a beautiful memory.
That is a nice memory. I hope my child will have a memory like that of me someday.
I love that she always made you feel understood. Even if all it took was a song and some snuggles.
thanks for sharing this with us...
I love our mom so much.
Post a Comment