I have never been to Hawaii. I have been to soccer tournaments all over the western states. I have sat in rainy cold weather on the side lines of the field and have been so happy to be there. I have been so proud to see my daughters playing the game they love. I have been so thankful that this sport has given them the chance to spend ample time with their dad, and thus given them a wonderful father-daughter bond. I have tender memories of driving to many of these tournaments... the books we read together on the way, the conversations we shared, the snacks we enjoyed. Then there are the tournaments that each girl went on all alone with her dad. Like an inside secret they share. Soccer took up a major part of my life, but looking back on it now, I am so glad it did. It helped make our family what it is. No, I have not been to Hawaii and that's alright with me!
4 comments:
We had a lot of fun. I can't wait for the littles girls to start playing.
It's okay we haven't been to Hawaii. I'm not in the mood to wear a swim suit anytime soon.
LuAnn, thanks for putting that into perspective for me. I'm going to try to be a better mom now and remember where the best memories will be found.
And Crystal has a real good point about the swimsuit.
I think my life will turn out much the same way. I've never been west of California or east of Evanston, but I wouldn't trade our soccer tournaments for the world....or even a trip to Hawaii. It's almost as though soccer itself has become another member of our family!
Post a Comment