Friday, November 6, 2009

363 days to go

today I have been thinking about my mom. I miss her; she has been gone for a long time now. She died a month ago and though that isn't a long time she suffered from Alzheimer's disease for years. She was a wonderful person and I hope my children will always remember her. These are three of the things I loved most about her: 1. She loved to sing. Now I can say I love that about her. When I was a teen ager however, I didn't like it so much. I can remember being in our big car with my friends as my mom would be driving us somewhere, and just hoping my mom wouldn't bust out in song. She usually did. Shame on me. My friends thought my mom was great and loved it when she would sing. I miss her song. 2. She was slightly rebellious. This trait of hers has taught me to look at things in different ways, and to think things through, and to think for myself. 3. She was a proud Democrat in a state full of Republicans. Way to go mom!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm in http://365crystal.blogspot.com

CKN said...

So now I know why we are all "slightly rebellious"

Areta K said...

Your mom is my hero!! She inspires me to keep on singing.