Tuesday, March 16, 2010

231 days to go

On Crystal's list, TODAY'S FAVORITE... DOG
I'm not sure if she ment breed or dog I have owned. I am going with dog I have owned. Disclaimer: I love my beagles, but I'm going to go a little farther back in time. The year is 1978. I found a little Yorkshire Terrier wondering down State Street. It was raining wildly and the poor thing looked like a drowned rat. I took her home and dried her off and brushed her hair. I put an add in the news paper and when nobody claimed her, she was mine. I named her Raspberry because that is about how big she was. My little Razzy went with me everywhere in my blue Volkswagon. We were best buddies and she came right at a time in my life when I needed a best buddy. Nothing tops a cuddly dog when you are feeling down. Every dog I have had since has been loved, but Razzy was a favorite.

2 comments:

CKN said...

The things I didn't know about my own mother!

Dee & Danna Mabey said...

We are sooooo funny about our past pets....how cute that you still feel so strong about your little raspberry.
We as a family had so much fun with Butch and Ringo (the 2 'hot dogs'.