Friday, March 12, 2010

235 days to go

TODAY'S FAVORITE... AUNT
LUCILLE: My mom's big sister, what a character! She was extremely smart; I believe she began collage at age 14. She was very committed to equal rights for women. As a member of NOW (National Organization of Women) she was arrested for protesting in the 1970's. She was quite eccentric. She didn't throw anything away; she reused or refurbished everything. This was back before it was cool to be 'green'. Almost forgot, my favorite Lucille fact. She had a dog that was half German Shepard and half wolf. She named the dog Susan B. Anthony of coarse.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

She sounds like she was an amazing lady!

Bonnie said...

LuAnn! Fun to read about your favorites, what a cool aunt! Love that we ran into each others blogs!
Bonnie

Dee & Danna Mabey said...

She was surely 'one of a kind'. I think she worried about the size of my huge family but she was jolly about it all. I was amazed at some of her comments, but never upset. I didn't know about her dog.