The best part of summer vacation is having another adult around during the day. Chelsea does her thing and I am busy with mine, but it is nice knowing she is here. Sometimes we have lunch together or watch a movie while the kids are sleeping. I love summers with her and always feel sad when school starts again. When Crystal and Andrea were little I felt alot of pressure to keep them busy with chores and jobs during the summer. Looking back I don't think it was necessary, sure they may say they are bored etc., but that is all part of summer vacation. I treasure all those summers I got to spend with my kids.
3 comments:
I don't ever remember being bored. Summer was the best.
I love reading your insight on your girls, it gives me hope when I am not feeling like the "best" mom!
Thanks!
I treasure the summers too! Every year that I would walk Kaedyn into school for the first day of school (guess I won't be doing that this year!) I heard all the parents saying to each other how glad they were that school started and summer was over. I always thought I was weird because I hate when school starts and summer is over because I love it when Kaedyn's home all day.
Post a Comment