Once when I was little, we went on a vacation to Yellowstone Park. We had a perfect camp spot. My dad and mom were seasoned campers as we were in the great out doors often. We had been warned about the possibility of a bear encounter. We had in fact, seen bears all that day while driving around. Those days in Yellowstone the bear population was much higher than now. When we got back to our camp spot, we were just settling down for the evening. Suddenly, there was a big old black bear looking for something tasty to eat. I remember my dad telling my mom and I to quickly get into the car for safety. To my absolute horror though, he did not follow. From inside our old green car I can still see my dad standing up against that old bear. My dad charged at the bear making terrible loud yelling sounds and telling him he could not have our food. Luckily the bear backed away and the only damage done that day was the "accident" I had as I threw up in the car, certain my dad was a gonner. What a brave father (or a foolish one).
No comments:
Post a Comment