Sunday, December 13, 2009

326 days to go

Time for some Sunday reflections...
when I was a little girl,Sunday was always a special day.My mom was a nurse ,so many Sundays she was scheduled to work. My dad didn't attend church at all. So it was up to Paul and I to get ourselves up and ready for church. Our neighborhood church was several blocks away, but it didn't bother us to walk there.(except in the winter)I loved my ward and the leaders always made me feel welcome. The best part of sunday was, ROAST. We always had a roast with potatoes and carrots. I can still smell that heavenly aroma. How did a working mom manage that?
I have to admit I dropped that ball as a mom. Some Sunday dinners are what ever is left in the fridge. We have had our share of '"real" sunday dinners, but I hope my daughters follow after their grama not me.

1 comment:

Karey L F said...

We had French Toast for dinner today.. is that dropping the ball? I'm feeling like a slacker! My mom always had roasts cooking on Sunday's as well. Mmmm, I to can smell the aroma. YUMMY!!!