I was talking to a friend last night and she asked me if I had ever felt gratitude for something negative in my life. I have been giving that some thought. One thing came quickly to mind. My mom suffered from alzheimers disease,definatly a negative. I am however strangly greatful for it. All my life I have been extremely close to my mom. As a young mom I didn't do anything without her.If I took the girls to the park, she came too. We went grocery shopping together. She was even on most of our family vacations with us. I can remember just dreading the thought of her ever dying. Just the thought could bring me to tears. I didn't think I could make it without her. Somehow having her taken away from me little by little, year by year made it so much easier. Of course when she pased away I was terribly sad, but the long preparation the disease had allowed was a blessing after all. So yes I have felt gratitude for a negative in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment