Monday, September 20, 2010

44 days to go

99/56
Miguel and I helped evacuate a sanctuary/farm in the Harriman fire. The flames were coming down the side of the hill right next to the Ching Family Farm. We were herding goats onto horse trailers, corralling pigs into crates and carrying geese to safety. When the flames were too near the owners yelled out in desperation to just open all the gates so the animals could escape on their own. Then they said for everyone to get the heck out of there, it was every man for himself. What a night!

4 comments:

Matt said...

Wow! Scary stuff...

Crystal said...

Sounds adventerous! Now if only you put pictures on this blog.

Tiff said...

I have seen that farm. I am sure they greatly appreciate your bravery and help! Way to go Animal Warriors!

Dee & Danna Mabey said...

I am finally back....Just got busy doing indexing, traveling to see family...and just odd and end things.