AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
is for APPLE.
When we lived at our house on Lovely Road we had an apple tree in the back yard. I loved that tree. In the spring it had the most beautiful blossoms. It would literally be covered with them. If you stood under the tree and looked straight up, it was like a canopy of pure white. In the summer the girls enjoyed climbing the tree. Crystal would spend hours there. She would take books and a treat and a soft blanket and I would not see her for hours. In the autumn we would all go out and rake up the leaves. I have some cute pictures of the girls jumping in huge piles of leaves. One year Crys and Anj decided they really wanted a trampoline. They came up with a plan to sell apples from our tree to help pay for the new trampoline. We made some cute brown bags and packaged the apples. The girls went about selling and believe it or not they did well. I can't remember how much they made, but it was a good chunk! They got their tramp and, I think, enjoyed it even more because of their contribution.
2 comments:
What a lovely memory of the apple tree :)
I can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the letters. Great idea!
I agree. I just might have to steal this idea! ;)
Post a Comment