Thursday, January 21, 2010

286 days to go

When I was a little girl my mom had to work an afternoon shift which ment she was not home in the evening. My dad was at home, but was usually out working in his shop. My big sister, Shonnie was the one who ended up bathing, feeding and putting to bed Paul and I. She was a teenager at the time and I am sure there were a hundred other things she would have rather been doing. I have never told her thank you for being there for us, but now I do realize what a sacrifice she made for my brother and I. We never felt any resentment from her only love. Thank you Shonnie.

4 comments:

CKN said...

Got to love big sisters!

Karey L F said...

Big sister are the best! I would be lost without mine!

Crystal said...

Explains why even as an adult you still have a close relationship.

Dee & Danna Mabey said...

When you and Paul were little mom would bring you over to our house once in a while. We loved it, especially Chris & Doug.They thought you two were their best friends ever. Thanks for sharing a of your 'home' life with us. Shonnie has always been a GREAT care giver.