As a kid in grade school my memories go back to the creation of the famous valentines box. A shoe box and some construction paper and of coarse a white paper doily equal a beautiful valentine receptacle. I was quite creative and was usually proud of my finished product.
As a young married woman I will always remember one year Migo got me a little nick knack with a bunch of grapes on it. On it was written the phrase" love you a bunch."
As an older married woman my favorite memories are of our "Fancy Valentines Dinners". These dinners included everyone, grama, kids and migo and I. We would dress up and us girls put on fancy jewels and most importantly bright red lipstick. Grama showed us how to paint our lips with a perfect exaggerated bow to the upper lip. She called these our Lucy lips (Lucille Ball ). Then we would enjoy a dinner of crab legs, salad etc.
Just a few of many great memories!
2 comments:
You've got so many great childhood memories. I love reading about them!
Sounds like you have some wonderful Valentines! I am sure you will have many more.
Post a Comment